Saturday, July 10, 2010

Twitterpated

So I finally gave in to positive peer pressure and got a Twitter account. I only got it for 1 reason and that is because my good friend Krystal Bolduc told me I should...almost every time she saw me. It's okay...I still love her. :)

If you are bored enough feel free to follow me on Twitter.


Twitterpated. Wonder where the term came from? Go back to your childhood and remember the movie Bambi. Thumper was telling Bambi about how most things in the spring get twitterpated. According to the urban dictionary here is the definition of twitterpated.

Twitterpated- 1) To be completely enamored with someone/something. 2) The flighty exciting feeling you get when you think about/see the object of your affection. 3) The ever increasing acceleration of heartbeat and body temperature as a result of being engulfed amidst the exhilaration and joy of being in someone's life.

THIS is exactly what I feel towards the Lord. It is stronger some days than it is during others but it's still there. I feel renewed. I feel satisfied. I am complete.

Don't get me wrong, I still wish to meet the man that's going to sweep me off my feet and tell me I'm the most beautiful thing on the planet with the prettiest smile that will light up a room...but even more than that I would rather him notice the beauty, joy, and love of the Lord.

THAT is what I want him to notice first, and THAT is what I want him to marry for. And for me to find him, that guy, I have to love Him first.

Christ makes us stronger and wiser. Christ covers us with beauty.
The Lord should be intoxicating enough that no words are necessary...ever. Period.

When someone looks at me I want them to KNOW I am different without me having to explain it, because if I have to explain it I am not showing it good enough.

As hard as it is to accept I know the Lord will bring that guy in His time. So until then and during "then" and after "then" I want to remain twitterpated with Jesus.

> the joyful Realist

No comments: