Friday, January 21, 2011

My Element

You know the feeling of being in your element? That giddy feeling you get because of your inner excitement! Where the excitement turns to nervousness then back to excitement then you psych yourself out to actually make the first move and go! Where you start out timid and uneasy until a few moments in you realize you've got this (because duh, it's your element) so all the fear/nervousness/uneasiness turns into confidence and calm!

I love that feeling! For me it only happens with two things: teaching and leading worship. It's an awesome feeling and I've found it again! So thankful for this long-term substitute teaching position that the Lord has provided. I pray He will lead me to a full-time Health & Physical Education teaching position for this upcoming school year! Or a Worship Leader position would be cool too! Either way I love it when the Lord continues to make His plan bright and clear even when my next steps are impossible to foresee.

Living in the moment is NOT my strong suit. I guess that's why I'll forever be God's work in progress :)

> confident, Realist

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff. I totally get what you mean, although I don't lead worship much. But the idea of being in one's element, I get that. It's an awesome feeling...its like...I was made for this reason, ya know.