Every Sunday is family lunch after church. It's ALWAYS interesting :)
Someone always: says something funny, gets mad, is sarcastic, etc.
It's your typical family except totally intimate because it's my family and I love them so much!
We always share something about church...most of the time the question goes something like "How was church?" and the answer is "it was church." Sometimes though we share that little nugget of how the Lord spoke to us...it's very rare.
Anyways, mom was talking today about what the guy said in Sunday school and it really hit me. People in the Bible like Joseph or Moses didn't know the reason why things were happening (or not happening to them) they just knew the Lord was in control. Nothing made sense to them. They didn't know where they were going or the purpose behind it. For Joseph, YEARS went by before he realized his purpose and for God's plan to make sense in his life.
You've got to keep going and seeking the Lord even when nothing makes sense. We NEVER KNOW what the Lord is preparing us for. Life is confusing but it only happens once. I have hope because there is hope in Jesus Christ. There is nothing like His love and I can't do ANYTHING to make Him love me more. I'm MADE in His image!!
Yeah, still a little fearful of what's coming next and IF something is coming next BUT I know it's coming and it's better than anything I could imagine.
...time to keep moving (even if it's just side to side because moving forward has yet to come). Keep trusting. Keep seeking Jesus.
> seeking, Realist
P.S. Don't fault me for my weaknesses...I am a work in progress. The day I die is the day my work is complete and His masterpiece is finished.
1 comment:
I can totally relate to the family deal. We sit around an offer the smallest tid bits of what God is doing in our lives without really diving in and giving him the credit that is due him.
Post a Comment